If you have a speech and language related blog or web site I’ll be glad to list it here. (I am unable to list offices or therapy services of any kind. I reserve the right not to list blogs, web sites or ads for any reason. Sorry:))
Also…please write out your acronyms. Other than SLP, our acronyms don’t always mean the same thing in different places.
The Fantastic Speech Therapy Blog List
- Smart Speech Therapy , A blog and web site created by Tatyana Elleseff MA CCC-SLP focusing on bilingual and pediatric therapy. Experience with internationally adopted children and their specific language needs.
- Public School SLP’s, Pam and Holly certified SLP’s put together this fun blog of ideas for public school SLP’s. This is a new blog and The School Speech Therapist wishes them luck. Added June 26, 2012
- Apps for Children with Special Needs, this is a site that has created some colorful and interesting iPad apps for kids. The company has also given away many iPads. Looking at their site makes me wish I actually had an iPad. Added July 23. 2012
- Lets Talk Speech and Language, this is a relatively new blog with lots of good ideas for fun activities and fun apps. Ms. Sohan is a school based SLP working primarily at the middle school level. Added August 5, 2012
- The Speech Bubble, Created by M. Wilson SLP, to let her creative side out and share her ideas. This is a relatively new blog with lots of good ideas already. Added December 16, 2012
- Almenden Valley Speech Therapy Blog, Created by Paula Gallay M.S. CCC-SLP, her practice focuses on American English pronunciation, childhood speech & language, and autism. Paula offers some nice practical ideas for remediation. Added June 30, 2013.
- NW Speech Therapy Blog, this is the blog page for a private practice in Oregon. It offers some nice ideas and information for parents of children wtih speech and language issues. Added July 21, 2013.
- Sassy Speech Chick, The Sassy Speech Chick shares her ideas and therapy creations. Preschool and elementary level Added July 1, 2014
- Stages Learning This blog hopes to engage different people who work with children with autism, from speech therapists and parents to early childhood educators. They post on topics ranging from autism and language to integrating technology in a traditional hands-on curriculum Added July1, 2014
- Apps for Speech Therapy, Mirla G. Raz author of the Help Me Talk Series and Preschool Stuttering-What Parents Can do also pens a blog reviewing apps that can be used in therapy. It’s worth a look. Added July 1, 2014
- SergeantSLP, Teresa Shane is going to chronicle her journey from dismissed US Army Sergeant to SLP. First let me say THANK YOU for your service and good luck on your new venture.
- CTSpeech Blog Focuses on developing language skills
- Clinic Note Blog, This is the blog to a new tech start up company called ClinicNote, the company focused on helping out SLPs with generating progress reports automatically. Wouldn’t that be nice. I’ll be interested to see if they develop applications to help school therapists too. Sounds very interesting and promising.